Sorry, I've been slacking bigtime!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - Posted by Intellectual Elegance at 6:35 PM


Hello! Hello!

Again, I know, I've been slacking and I'm sorry. Work has been a bit nuts and challenging, and I've started yoga. So, my days have been incredibly busy and nutty, but awesome.

I realized that I am starting to like New York more and more. I don't mind my commute that much anymore, and I like the routine of it. It's easy, I get it, and I like that I can get off on any stop and be somewhere I haven't been before. I like it. Right now, I am digging Union Square, alot, but I've only been there once and it was to visit a paper shop. This place was amazingly awesome and it inspired me to continue with my Pinxe Cards stationary idea! I found amazing paper there and Mando and I are going to buy a printer so I can make some samples and then hopefully look for a local printer here through some friends. (hopefully). I really miss being creative, and I feel like this is the place to do so, so I might as well get to it while I'm here.

On another note, I had a minor health scare this past week. It's actually quite funny now, but at the moment I thought I might die. I realized last week that I had a bump under my armpit. I started to panic because of the history of breast cancer in my family, so of course, I should be worried. Then the hubs realized it was probably an in-grown hair. I did what everyone does when something like this happens, and I googled it. And the pictures I saw and the description looked like what I had going on. So I left it alone. Sorta. Then I started to google other things that can cause bumps in the armpit and I realized, what if I have cancer! Which is not funny at all! So the next thing I called doctors all over Manhattan. Getting into a doctors office in Manhattan is like trying to find Osama Bin Ladin. It's not going to happen. I called at around 24-30 offices and each time I said, "but this is an emergency, I have a lump in my armpit! What do I do?" and they said, go to the emergency room. So boo. I came home and told the hubs, and he started to worry too. The following day I figured I would try more offices and if not, I'd go straight to the ER. Lucky for me I found a doctor who would see me the same day so I went! This doctor was hilariously awesome! If he wasn't out of my network, I'd return to him, especially because he specializes in women's health. I told him about the underarm "issue" and he took a look. I spent a good amount of time telling him about the history of cancer in my family and how worried I was. He took a look and told me he had good news and bad news. Good news is that I am going to live for another 80-81 years, bad news ... it's a giant pimple!! HA! I was a bit mortified, and he couldn't stop laughing! So at least I know it's not cancer!

On another high note, I received another great project at work! I don't want to say anything yet, because I have a meeting tomorrow with all of my supervisors and it has me nervous, so I am not going to say anything until tomorrow. :) Again, I had to have a "come to jesus" moment this weekend because I was going through an "i hate my job" type of week. I was upset because I am not doing what I ideally want to do but I love the island, the island projects and the people I work with. I have to think that I hadn't heard back from legal jobs before we arrived because there is something else coming my way. I don't know what it is, but there is something happening, and it's good. But, I have to be patient. I can tell you more tomorrow, but until then, I think things are going well. I think. :)

Happy Wednesday!