Happy Holidays!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 - Posted by Intellectual Elegance at 10:04 AM
Well hello everyone!

I apologize for the not writing sooner, but I took a technology break over my holiday break and disconnected from the web as much as I could. I hope your holidays were fantastic!

We had the great fortune (misfortune for others) to be stranded at home in Denver for an extra 4 days because of the New York blizzard! It was actually really fun and I was happy to have extra time with family and friends. But I was not excited about waking up at 5am forr 3 days to go to the airport to see if we could get on a flight. For those of you who don't know, I am not a morning person at all, as a matter of fact, I hate sunrises. I know, I'm a morning grinch and my mother gets mad at me for being one.

One of the things I was looking forward to the most this year was eating. I was really excited to go home and have tamales, menudo, gorditas, pozole, etc! Pretty much whatever was going to be thrown at me, I was going to eat it. Unfortunately for me, I got really sick my first day home and ended up vomitting for three days straight. It was awful. I'd rather see the sunrise then vommit. More than anything, I got slightly depressed because I couldn't consume my favorite foods from home. I got scared to eat tamales and empanadas so I feel like I short changed myself. Lucky for me though, I think my mother-in-law is going to send me what I didn't eat! I think in the end it was gastritis but who knows...

New Years eve was fun as we got to celebrate it with 2 of our best friends from Denver. We went to a party/fundraiser that Armando's co-worker put on. After the party we went to one of my favorite spots in NY, Grays Papaya! Our first meal of 2011 was Grays Papaya!

Needless to say, we had a great time showing them the big city and we even got to ghost hunt a little about near St. Pauls Chapel/WTC Site. We might have caught a full bodied apparition in one of our pictures, but I need to go back and analyze it. It really freaked us out since there was no one to fit the description of the person we see suddenly appear in one of our pictures and the person seems to look like a WTC Emergency worker. OOooy. As soon as I download the pictures I will post them for you to see what I'm talking about. On top of that, we were able to catch 3 orbs in the cemetary! It was a great night for ghost hunting.

I am excited for 2011 and nervous to see what awaits me. I will finally take the dreaded bar exam in July and I hope to never take it again. One of my biggest goals this year is to keep pushing myself to excel in my career path as a lawyer while still succeeding in my current role with the parks. I am not going to sell myself short and I will push through those fears of being an actual attorney! I am going to start networking more and volunteering with more organizations.

I hope you all have an amazing 2011 as well.

I promise to post a new Sasnor Restaurant award tomorrow as well!

p.s. I did give someone the baby chicks present from heifer.org. My friend Jeremy Jimenez won it in our white elephant exchange. :) It was pretty much the funniest thing I've ever seen, and it went towards a great cause.