Running out of steam...

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - Posted by Intellectual Elegance at 11:01 AM
eat in case of emergency Ugh, I don't know why, but today is one of those days where I am just over it already... I am tired, sleepy, sluggish and annoyed. Not really annoyed at anyone or anything in particular, but I think I am stressed and I am just realizing how stressed and tired I am. Not even my yellow rain boots can save me today! I can usually always find something to be thankful for, but this morning I woke up with a chip on my shoulder and wanting to call in to work because I was having a "gordis" day. You know those days where nothing seems to fit right and you look like poo. I also didn't want to go to work because I knew I wouldn't have much to work with so I figured why go. But nope, here I am, it's 2pm in the afternoon and I just want to go home and sleep. I realized that I am super stressed mostly because of our finances. I am still paying off some medical bills from my last gastrointestinal emergency back home. At the time we had horrible insurance and they only covered a teeny tiny bit of all the procedures I received and I still need to pay $700 for my Barbri course. It's not alot, but that coupled with the fact that we still need to purchase our tickets to fly to my cousin's wedding is really stressing me out. I'm trying not to stress out about it and make a better plan, but it's hard and I think I need better guidance on it. The hubs and I signed up for a great financial planning and budget site called mint.com, and so far it's been great. I am also super nervous as to what is going to happen next month when I longer have a job and start to prep for the bar. I've always had a plan and I've always had a job, and it just makes me nervous to not have one or to not know how much I will receive from unemployment benefits. I've tried calling their offices and they never answer, but I am pretty sure that it will be substantial pay cut. The good news is that I have an emergency "Worlds Finest Chocolate" candy bar in my drawer that I have been saving for a day like today. I think I might just have to eat it. :) I'm sorry for being a Debbie Downer, but I think I need to sleep. So tonight, I will go home, pick up a pizza and go to bed. A quiet night and a good night's sleep will help and hopefully I'll be better tomorrow. :)