A breathe of fresh air

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - Posted by Intellectual Elegance at 1:49 PM
Thank god for dads.. :) I hate to tell my parents that I am so stressed out, but my dad called me today and we started talking and checking in with each other, and when he asked me how I was doing, I started to tell him that I was "fine." Just then, I felt that knot in my throat that always appears when I am about to cry, and my voice started shaking and tears began to flow and my nose began to sniffle!! He asked me why I was crying and I couldn't hold back and started to tell him how stressed I was and how tired I was. He sat there silently, then lectured me about not calling him if I needed money or anything else. You see, I never try to bother my parents with those kinds of things because they work like crazy and I've just never been that type of daughter, but this time, I couldn't hold back my tears. Damn you tears!! He assured me that all would be fine, it would work out and offered to pay for the remaining balance of my Barbri course!! Then I cried some more because he offered to help me and I felt so relieved and so thankful. I think I scared him when I started crying, but he realized that I was just emotional and that's how I get when I talk to him or my mom when I'm having a really crummy day. So.. at least there was a little beam of sunshine in my dreary day. Now, to go home, eat pizza, and go to sleep. I'll try harder tomorrow, that's all I can do right? Gracias papi. I love you so much.