Do-er by day, Dreamer by night!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 - Posted by Intellectual Elegance at 10:59 AM
My creative tentacles are everywhere! Good lord!

It's like the Bar put a total mental block on any creative juices or flows I had in my brain, and understandably so. I guess the bar examiners wouldn't want me to respond to their essay questions with a sense of humor and creative freedom. (Similar to these answers on exams.)

But alas, these answers will probably not allow me to pass the NY Bar exam, and I hope that in the furry of typing as fast as I could, I did not write a dumb answer. Anyways, it's done, let's move on.

Yesterday the hubs came home from San Jose, after a grueling 12 hour red-eye flight with 6 teenagers. His flight was cancelled and they had quite the adventure trying to figure out how to get home and pass the time. Lucky for them, their hotel was a mile away from a theme park, so they went crazy on roller coasters until they had to catch their late night flight.

He came home and slept most of the day, and when he woke up, we caught up on the week and then we headed out to grab a quick & cheap bite to eat and a nice Chinese massage for him. Now, I know what you're thinking, but it's not "those kind" of massages. In NYC, there are places that do Qi Gong Tui Na massages. They are relatively cheap and these women get to work on your back! It's only $45 for one hour of the most intense and delicious massages you've ever had. They waste no time and get to work on your trouble spots! I went there a week before the bar and they were fabulous.

I had to warn my husband that this place looks like you might be kidnapped and sexually trafficked if you go behind the private curtains. All the ladies who work there whisper to you and the lights are dim and the place is warm. I told him not to panic when they tell him to strip down to his underwear and to not use the sheath cloth on the table to cover himself. I tried to cover myself when I went with the weird sheath material, and the little lady next to me quickly looked over my curtain and told me to "SHHH!!!" and then scolded me for laying under the sheath material. I felt dumb and a little scared, but what followed was one of the best massages of my life, even if I thought I was about to get trafficked or sexually assaulted, I loved it and I knew immediately that I had to take the hubs there.

So he went in, I didn't go in because we are on a tight budget, and instead I went to eat a cupcake. Yes, I had to do something while I waited. He had an hour massage and when I saw him again, he looked as cool as a cucumber and affirmed that it was the best massage he has ever received! They spent a half an hour on his legs and feet alone!! Amazing, I love it!

The first time I went there, I also worried that the women giving me a backrub were somehow slaves to this business, but I went late and as I left, all the women left as well giggling and laughing and went next door to eat. So, I figured, ok, they are not here against their will. :) I know it's weird, but I have to think these thoughts!

This week will be busy, I have a few projects that I am working on and I need to get them down on paper and start hashing out the details for each one. I also have an article due for Being Latino and we have guests this weekend from Denver. It's a busy week and I am enjoying my unemployed status. I am a bit stressed sometimes, but I have to believe that this will all work out. One of my problems is that I think I get my best ideas when I can't sleep, so I need to get up and write them down or work on them. But then I end up going to bed at 3 or 4am and that can't be healthy. So I need to change that this week.

Anyways, have a beautiful week folks!