I found Great Donuts in New York!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - Posted by Intellectual Elegance at 3:32 PM
I know this sounds crazy, but really, I was excited for Krisy Kreme until I had too many Krispy Kreme then remembered why I didn't like them in the first place. Too sweet, too much frosting. I am a Winchell's and Lamar's kind of girl. I love chocolate raised donuts, not the cake donuts. Yes, I know donuts... at least basic donuts.

Well, today, when I went to my volunteer gig, they had donuts at the law firm and I usualy never eat their breakfast sweets that are in the conference room, but today I aw the donuts and my heart started palpitating and I got excited because they looked like the donuts from back home. Plus, it was 8:45am and I was starving. So when they asked me if I wanted anything, I politely asked if I could have a donut. They obliged and I went for it. Let's just say that it was delicious and it helped me get through the translation. I learned that the doughnut came from the Doughnut Pub on 14th street and I promise I will visit them... soon... as in tomorrow.

My translation skills were way off today, mostly because I am really tired. Our friends visited us this weekend and we had an absolute blast with them! We saw a lot, ate a lot and walked a lot. Which is what you usually do in NYC. But we also went to bed super late almost every night because we were up chatting or watching movies.

There were some words that I just could not remember and all I could think about was how soon I could get to the doughnut shop and how tired I was. I still translated but it definitely was not succinct and to the point. Same meaning, just a little bit longer explanation. But it worked.

I am going to bed early tonight so I am ready for my first full day at my other volunteer job with the non-profit. With that said, I am off to read a little bit, then go to sleep. Have a great day peeps!