Sasnor Awards Continued

Monday, December 13, 2010 - Posted by Intellectual Elegance at 1:37 PM

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. I got furniture from IKEA so that was good, but my weekend flew by too fast. I did eat at a delicious Italian restaurant in Lil Italy, and it was phenomenal!

So, in honor of good food, and as I promised, here are more amazing spots to eat in Denver. I am going to start off with my favorite place to buy real, home made, italian shells, pasta, cheese, meats and yes MEATBALLS!!



Carbones Italian Sausage Deli

Carbones!! Located at 1221 W. 38th Ave, is more than delicious, it's an institution. They have been around forever, serving the best italian sandwiches you can find anywhere in the state. Everyday (except Sundays), you can find Rose, the lovely and older, foul mouthed, jokester owner of the shop. She still has an accent, and I am pretty sure that if I looked at her the wrong way, I would find a horse's head in my bed the next day! I kid, I kid, but she's amazing and a darling! She's always offering up free samples of everything! You must go in and try their meatball sandwich with peppers. Oh, just thinking about it makes me hungry and salivate. Once, I bought one on a Saturday as I was heading home from a volunteer event, and the smell alone was so tempting, that I ate the entire sandwich before I even got home! I was a little ashamed, but it was delicious. Any sandwich here is amazing, and the best part is that you can buy the meatballs and the sauce (Frozen or not) and take them home for later. This place just has amazing food in general, so if you're looking for something fancy to make for your dinner guests, you can find it all here at Carbones.