My Best Friend is Amazing

Saturday, June 25, 2011 - Posted by Intellectual Elegance at 8:43 PM
"May you find serenity and tranquility in a world you may not always understand. May the pain you have known and the conflict you have experienced give you the strength to walk through life facing each new situation with courage and optimism. Always know that there are those whose love and understanding will always be there, even when you feel most alone. May you discover enough goodness in others to believe in a world of peace. May a kind word, a reassuring touch, and a warm smile be yours every day of your life, and may you give these gifts as well as receive them. Remember the sunshine when the storm seems unending"-Anon

I posted the quote on my best friend's facebook the other day, and I'm sure it was difficult to understand. I am the eternal optimist, but even in this moment, I had to ask myself, why her? why them? Why?

Life is not easy, and it's not always fair. Things will happen to us that we cannot explain, but out of that madness a lesson is learned. For as difficult as that moment is for us, we come out a stronger and better person. (Unless you're Anthony Weiner, then the lesson is don't be a pervert.)

This post is for my moon and my stars, my puma, my bestie. She is facing one of the most difficult moments in her life and I can't be there to make her laugh or hug her through this and that sucks. I knew the moment I saw her (Fall of 2002) that I needed to be friends with her. I don't know why, but I had to. I annoyed her everyday and she finally gave in and loved me back. We became sorority sisters and we've been best friends ever since. She didn't have a choice because once I make my mind up, nothing stops me.

So, I guess, what I am trying to say is that we don't always see the sunshine, but you have to know and trust that it will come and it is there. One way or another, it will be ok. It has to be. We adjust and address these obstacles with a smile and an open mind and with the love and support from all the people who love you. You're never alone in these battles, your soldiers are behind you to catch you when you fall and to let you rest when you too tired to carry on the weary fight.

Stay positive and know that life is amazing. And you know what, one lesson my friends have taught me is that we don't always have to be super warriors in life. It's ok to NOT be OK. Take a break, you've done all you could today. Tomorrow is another day. Face it however you want to, but don't give up. Love you lovebug.