My Feet Hurt

Sunday, November 21, 2010 - Posted by Intellectual Elegance at 9:53 AM

Oh New York, you are like the Jackie Chane sensei on Karate Kid, and I am Jayden Smith, your sassy mouthed student. I know you are trying to teach me lessons, but good lord, do you have to kick my ass this bad? In the end, we will be one. :)

holy crap. I knew that I would be walking a lot around the city, but my feet are on fire. I am pretty sure that I have plantar fascitis. (not sure if that is the correct spelling, so don't quote me on that.) I see all these women walking around in their high heels and I don't know how they do it. I admire them. They don't even look like it hurts. I, on the other hand, wear the pain on my face and in my feet, I imagine that I look like a messed up looking velociraptor, all hunched over with my toes tapping on the ground.

I am still enjoying the city. It's definitely a much more accelerated lifestyle than Denver. People run everywhere and it is always go, go, go, go, go! People run everywhere! I take off running too because I figure whatever they are running to, I must be running to the same place too.

I am not resting as well either and I think it is because of the stimulation of everything. That and the comfort of the air mattress is slowly wearing off. Good news is that we did find an apartment and have submitted our application. Now we wait.

Today I need to do laundry and just chill out because tomorrow is another busy, crazy, day. Actually, it will be a busy, chaotic, crazy week.

I hope you all have a great week and tomorrow I will post on what's happening with my job and this week I promise to post more places to eat in Denver! :)