Sasnor Awards Round 2

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - Posted by Intellectual Elegance at 12:33 PM
So, I am a bit delayed in getting out the recommendations for food. I think it's due to my ridiculous obsession with finding the best spots to chow down in NYC. You might be happy to know that I found a delicious soup dumpling place in China town. Not as good as my Lao Wangs, but they are still delicious.
So, here are some of my other favorite places to munch in Denver.

Mulberries Cakeshop
For cupcakes, cakes, and other amazing desserts, I love Mulberries Cakeshop on Colfax. They have super soft, moist and delicious cakes and cupcakes! I buy most of my birthday cakes there and at another shoppe in North Denver that is right next to Taza de Cafe, which is my next recommendation to you.

Taza de Cafe
If you want GREAT coffee drinks like Horchata Lattes, Hot Chocolate Abuelita style, with good food, then this is your spot. Taza de Cafe is a locally owned coffee shop and is located at 3565 W. 44th Ave. Denver, 80211. (44th and Lowell). I studied for all of my finals at this spot during law school. They are open early and during the week they close at 5pm and then they close at 2pm on the weekends. I truly think that this place has the BEST smothered burrito in Denver. The green chile is amazing and the sour cream is bomb. You can't go wrong with a smothered burrito and a chocolate abuelita with extra whip cream ( a la jazmin). They also have monthly art exhibits that you can literally buy right off the wall. The owners are amazing and the shop is comfy and delicious. Definitely worth the drive. (ugh, i am still searching for the perfect smothered burrito out here...)


Saigon Bowl-Vietnamese
If you don't know about this place, then I feel sorry for you. This is, hands down, the BEST vietnamese in Denver. Hence, why they are receiving the Sasnor Award. Now, you must know that the service here is not great. Hell, it's not even good. But they are busy and they are nice and they know their food is the bomb. If you are nice and patient with them, they will be nice and patient with you. Everything here is fantastic, except the Pho. Don't go here and order Pho. That's like going to your favorite sushi spot and ordering water. Don't do it, it's lame. The combination appetizer is my favorite and so are their noodle bowls. They are gigantic and cheap and delicious. I've tried other places but nothing compares. Not even in NYC can I find vietnamese food this good. They are located at 333 South Federal Boulevard, on Federal and Alameda. Trust me. It's delicious. If you have a large group you should call ahead (303-935-2427) because they get full fast. Sundays are the busiest times.