Comfort Food...

Monday, April 18, 2011 - Posted by Intellectual Elegance at 4:28 PM



Today was a rough day... Not because of anything bad, I am just tired. Some days the city wears me down.

So, I kept thinking, what do I want to make for dinner, and all I could think about were beans and tortillas. All I wanted tonight were some homemade tortillas de harina with homemade refried beans.

I couldn't find any good tortilleria close by, so instead I decided to make a homemade bean torta. When I was little my grandma and my dad would take a bolillo style bread and stuff it with beans and cheese. It was my favorite! So tonight, I will make my bolillo bean sandwich and go to sleep. :)

Nice.

What's your comfort food and why?

This is what my delicious meal looked like... sheer masterpiece. :)