Happy Monday?

Monday, April 4, 2011 - Posted by Intellectual Elegance at 10:29 AM
Hi all! I am running on about 2 hours of sleep total. For some reason I could not sleep last night and rolled and tossed and turned in bed, then the couch until 6am. I finally fell asleep when I was supposed to be waking up. :( Needless to say, I arrived to work late but my Director was very understanding and said, "Yeah, I can tell you didn't sleep." So all is well at work at least. I am excited today (tired, but excited) because my first article came out today in Being Latino! You can read it here. Sadly, I wrote the article last week when a decision had yet to be made by USCIS as to whether they were going to follow the NY judge's ruling, but I have faith that with DOMA being defeated, USCIS will have no choice but to honor and recognize same sex marriages. I recently became a contributor to Being Latino this month! I had to apply and submit writing samples and I was finally accepted! Surprisingly, I love writing on this blog, but I have a hard time really putting my other writings and thoughts out in public. But I figured this is a great way to continue working on my writing and analytical skills since I don't really practice my legal writing as much anymore. I will be a legal commentator/contributor for them. :) Last week I showed you a glimpse of my other work in progress, but for now we are restructuring the site and will officially launch justiciahoy.org on Friday! Well, those are the updates I have for now but I will be posting a SASNOR award later today! You will not want to miss the deliciousness that I am about to post. Have a fabulous week folks!