Happy Easter

Sunday, April 24, 2011 - Posted by Intellectual Elegance at 2:24 PM

Happy Sunday folks!

My family use to celebrate this holiday when I was younger, but as I got older and I stopped going to church, we really only had Easter dinner and that was it. I would love getting my Easter Basket and going egg hunting. My parents would buy me and my sister our fancy Easter dresses and we would go to the park or church events and play and eat with family and friends. I loved it!

I loved trying to catch the Easter bunny in action, but I never did. My parents were too clever and were always one step ahead.

I don't go to church anymore, except for December 12th, but I think today is a holiday to reflect on all the blessings in your life and to be thankful to the powers that be for what you have.
So with that, believers or not, I wish you all a blessed day. We've spent the day with our friend Angelo, eating pizza, and lounging on the grassy knoll at Columbia University. It was a beautiful day and I think it will be a wonderful night.

As for the the 5 de Mayo Report events, I have chosen to put it behind me and work harder than before. I read this quote later that day and it reminded me to continue my good work and to not worry about trivial things. We'll see what happens but no matter what, I keep moving forward.
“The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way.”--Robert Kiyosaki