I hate Sundays

Sunday, October 10, 2010 - Posted by Intellectual Elegance at 10:13 PM

I hate Sundays because I usually have to work the next day and because I have to start all over at applying to fellowships and jobs in NYC. I get a bit anxious and it annoys me. Lucky for me tomorrow is Columbus day which means I don't have to go to work! woowoo!! Since it is Columbus day, I plan on entering a strangers home and tell him that it is now mine as I rub a blanket full of syphillus and chicken pox on them. It's going to be great. * i kid*

Today was an excellent day with the husband. We had breakfast with friends and then went out and did absolutely nothing, or as he put it, we pretended to shop. :) It was actually a great weekend full of family and friends, which makes it a perfect weekend for me. I got to hang out with BFF and with my lil sister (aka love muffin) all day on Saturday! Every time I hang out with my love muffin I get reminded to relax, chill, laugh and be silly. I secretly think she is my grandmother reincarnated.

As we were "pretend" shopping today, I asked myself a good question and I will ask you: "why do you shop?" Is it because:
  • it makes us feel good?
  • because that is why we work?
  • you like to show off?
  • you like new things?
  • you reward yourself?
  • you're bored?
  • you hate your life?
I don't know the answer and I am sure everyone has their reasons, but I am not sure why I do it. All I bought today was makeup and I didn't feel like buying anything else. Maybe its because I want these fantastic boots and I'm saving up for those. :) I don't know, I guess I just wanted to know why, as human beings, we go out and buy stuff.

On another note, today was 10.10.10! I was so excited for this day because I love spooky dates! The last time it was 10 10 10 was 1000 years ago! I googled the significance of this date and I am sad to report that there is absolutely nothing special about it (unless you live in Ashville, NCm then you have 10 shades of crazy there.) Nothing interesting happened 1000 years ago on a similar date.

Finally, we are preparing for Mando's next interview in NYC. We are starting to realize the gigantic impact this will have on us and are deciding to take it one day at a time. There is no need to start planning as if we are moving, because there is still a chance that we are not. (Although, why would they make us waste money on a flight if they weren't sure?) anyways, I won't allow my thoughts to go there. I'll keep applying and keep trying.

Although I have to say, that IF we do go, then I have a bunch of learning to do on how to cook some of my favorite things that my momma makes like menudo, pozole, gorditas, chile colorado, and pretty much everything... :(

Have a great week and remember to chase after your dreams like they stole your money.
besos

p.s. I have to share this video with you because it is exactly what my relationship is to my husband, and after a day like today, it reminds me of how much we have gone through and how strong our love is for one another. :) Careful, it could make you cry.