I started eating baby carrots again..

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - Posted by Intellectual Elegance at 10:05 AM



If you know about my near death experience with baby carrots, then you are probably cracking up about it right now. For those of you who don't know, I will fill you in.

In my last semester of law school, I was driving late to class as usual because I had just left work. I was in one of those "i'm going to eat healthy all the time" modes and had packed a snack pack of baby carrots in my purse so that I could eat them on my way to class.

The University of Denver campus has the worse public parking problems ever and I was looking for a spot close to the law school (because i was running late). Much to my surprise I found a spot a block away and proceeded to park. Apparently I couldn't focus on parking and eating at the same time and I was settling into my spot, I inhaled bits of baby carrrots and I could feel as it got lodged in my throat and I am pretty sure my lungs as well. The good thing was that I had already parked, so that was secure.

I started coughing and gagging trying to release the chunks of baby carrots lodged in my throat! I was still buckled in (for safety of course) and began to pound my chest and prepared to make the universal symbol (to the right) for "HELP I'M CHOKING" to the people who were walking by watching me beat the crap out of myself. During this time, I realized that I probably needed to get out of the car and thrust myself upon the hood to try and dislodge the carrots, but before I could get out, I felt this weird sensation as my body started to gag itself and I started to heave. Within seconds and without warning, baby carrot projectiles flew out of my mouth and all over the dashboard, passenger seat and cup holders of my car. Imagine the scene from The Exorcist when the little possessed girls vomits all over the priest. That was me, but with carrots and without the devil. It looked as if I had grated carrots then dumped them in my car. Much to the horror of the folks watching, I cleaned up the dashboard as fast I could (remember 'i'm late to class!), lucky for me when I vomitted the carrots I managed to catch some of the carrot bits into my car trashcan so there wasn't much left to do except wipe down the dirty parts and throw away my floor carpets and my dignity.
I walked out of my car like a champ and a huge smile of embarrassment and gratitude on my face as I waved to the people and said "I'm fine! Thank you!" Then I rushed off to class proud of myself for not dying in my car and feeling extremely happy that I was alive.

Now, I know this story probably wouldn't get picked up by the show "I shouldn't be alive" but I wanted to share it to put a smile on your face. :) Don't take things for granted because you never know when you are going to choke on a baby carrot. :) hee hee.

On a different note, I can't sleep again because I am so frigging anxious about Armando's interview next week. I am so stressed out that I am breaking out and even got a cold sore about it. :( boo. I know things will work out but I can't help but get excited and nervous that by this time next week, we might know if we are moving to NYC! We've already told our boss at work and I feel that it was one of the last pieces of the puzzle for everything to come together. They even said they might be able to transfer me to the Northeast Region! That would be great because I still can't find a job and I could take the bar with my mind at ease.

Speaking of the stupid bar, I received my bill for my Bar Prep course today ($2291! yikes!) that I have to pay by December 1st. And to make matters worse, they already gave me a date to report to prep classes! Aaah! It's alot to handle right now and it's coming all at once! I also need ot register for the Ethics portion of the exam which takes place Nov. 6th in Colorado. Holy canoli. Hold on to your hats because it is going to be a whirlwind of a ride from here til the end of the month. Either way, we'll be fine, but this is a bit nuts.

Regardless, my goal for this week is not choke on baby carrots again. Enjoy your day!

Besos-

xoxo