No Time to Waste

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - Posted by Intellectual Elegance at 4:19 PM

I have come to the reality that I only have 12 frantic days left in Colorado. I don't know how I am going to get it all done, but I imagine I will. This is kinda difficult timing as I take my MPRE (Ethics) exam this Saturday, so this week I will be studying, packing and working at the same time! I feel calm for the most part and I can finally sleep because I am usually exhausted by the end of the day. J More great news is that I haven't started to eat my emotions yet. (Yet is the keyword!)

I also have to tell you that somewhere around my home is a mouse that is somehow slightly deformed and possibly not dead. You see, it hit the trap and SURVIVED! I told you these are like ninja-israeli trained mice! I secretly think that this is why I can't sleep. I think that he is hiding somewhere in my house just waiting for me to fall asleep so he can eat my face or dump poison down my throat. Just the thought of it freaks me out. And then I thought about all the mice we've killed and how bad I felt because I wondered if there were ghost mice haunting the house and that is the pitter-patter I hear sometimes upstairs. I don't know. My BFF Daniela recommended a much more humane approach to the killing. She recommended that I capture them in a humane trap, then take them down to the Cherry Creek and drown them. J She's an idiot, and plus, that would be much worse for me.

Ever since I was a child, I've always had this ridiculous fear of revenge by small animals or inanimate objects like Barbies and dolls. When I was younger I would go to my grandmother's ranch in Parral, Chihuahua where I would play ALL DAY in the fields and the mountains with my cousins. There were these horrific brown toads all over the hills that made them look like rocks. My cousins would tell me to never step on a frog or else it would find me in the middle of the night and pee in my mouth. Sure enough, one day I stepped on that ugly sonofa..., and that whole night I was petrified! I swear to this day that I heard their footsteps as they crept closer to my bed, but I didn't think they could climb up, which was a huge relief. Although, I guess they could've jumped if they wanted to. Another fear that was instilled me since I was a little girl, was to not play with your dolls after the sun went down. My cousins told me that if you did, they would come to life and scare you in the middle of the night. I was never much of a doll player, but my sister was and I would get nervous as the sun started to set, and she was still playing with her stupid dolls. So, as the sun set, I grabbed all her dolls; duct taped or tied them up and I threw them on top of the closet shelf; closed the door and placed a chair in front of the door with books stacked on top of it. This strategy worked for me since I never got attacked by those stupid dolls.

Wish me luck as I pack up, I hope that I don't find the zombie mouse somewhere behind the couch or in a shoe. GROSS!!