It's hard out here for a pimp.. :)

Friday, October 8, 2010 - Posted by Intellectual Elegance at 8:31 AM
Fail. Didn't get an interview with the Bronx Defenders of New York. But its ok. Life goes on. I only got one interview for the EJW conference in D.C. but I think I might cancel. As amazing as the opportunity is, I don't think we want to move to the bay area. I did speak with an EJW rep over email and he told me that over 200 people applied for every position. That's why I say, "its hard out here for a pimp." I am competing for entry level attorney positions with almost 200 applicants per position. That sucks. That makes it so much harder to stand out when they are going through so many applicants. It kinda depresses me a bit, but I just have to keep applying and know that the right position will come along for me. I just need to have patience and lots of it. Which is something I don't have. It's like the great Hova aka Jay-z said, "I have no patience, and I hate waiting..." :) That's me. (i'm just full of lyrics today.)

On a brighter note, mando got a second interview (call back) today with the Urban Arts Partnership in NYC! We are very excited and nervous as it is happening so fast. He interviewed by phone, after meeting them in person last week, then within 2 hours they asked if he would fly out, and he is! I am 90% sure that he got the job, which is FANTASTIC because this is his dream job. He has worked his whole life for a positioin like this one and its in the city of his dreams, NYC. I am so proud of him, but it makes my stomach hurt because that means we have to really start making plans to move. ooy.

We'll see what happens but by the end of the month, I am pretty sure we will know if we stay or if we go...

*keep your fingers crossed*